Popups within a topic

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

BeckyLash

Popups within a topic

Unread post by BeckyLash »

It would be great if you could implement functionality for popups within a topic much like Overlib.js, a popular popup script that allows you to display formatting, graphics, and links within a popup window in an HTML topic. YOu can find info here:
http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
http://www.overlib.com/

I've been using overlib.js for over a year now and love it. :)

Thank you very much.
Becky
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Becky,

Cool! Thanks for the links, I like it! 8)

PS: There's nothing to stop you from using OverLib within H&M. Do this:
  • 1:
    Copy the OverLib .js file to your project directory.
    2:
    Insert an include for the JavaScript file in Project / Project Properties / Extended .HHP Settings using this syntax for the file located in the project directory (the reference to "one directory level up" is necessary because all the temporary files are generated in a temporary directory one level down):

Code: Select all

[FILES]
    ..\overlib.js
    3:
    Insert the Overlib code into your topic pages using H&M's Inline HTML feature with Insert / Plain HTML Code...
IF OverLib works from within HTML Help (I haven't tested it myself yet) that's basically it for HTML Help. If you want to use OverLib in a browser-based HTML version of your project you will also need to manually copy the overlib.js file to the HTML output directory and add standard Includes for the JS file to the HTML topic templates of the topic window types in which you use OverLib.

The templates can be found in Project / Project Properties / HTML Export Layout / Topic Pages. Select "Edit HTML Template directly" in the Design Mode: field at the top and you're away... :twisted:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
BeckyLash

Popups within a topic

Unread post by BeckyLash »

Thank you for the information---that will save me much testing (and gnashing of teeth). :P And I'm glad you like the links to overlib.js.

Overlib.js works great in a .chm or in loose html pages. I use it all the time. It is improving all the time too. The script author only wants users to give him credit, which is really generous on his part. :D