More control over Comments

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

jlange

More control over Comments

Unread post by jlange »

I'm using comments for notes to myself inside the projects, but I wish they were less obtrusive. I'd like to be able to specify a different icon instead of the large red push-pin. Or maybe add the comment icon to the show/hide for paragraph marks.

Also, the current "Insert Comment / Bookmark" dialog has a checkbox for "Show comment as icon only". Since I always check that box, I wish it would remember my choice the next time I open the dialog.

Also, when I use a temporary comment that I'll remove later, I wish I could right-click and select "Delete Comment" instead of the current 2-step method (convert to plain text, then delete that text).

Thanks
Jessica
Martin Wynne

Re: More control over Comments

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

jlange wrote:Also, when I use a temporary comment that I'll remove later, I wish I could right-click and select "Delete Comment" instead of the current 2-step method (convert to plain text, then delete that text).
Hi Jessica,

Just left-click on the comment and then press the Delete key.

Martin.
jlange

Unread post by jlange »

Duh!

Thanks, Martin!
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Clicking after a comment and typing double backspace will also work. I sometimes have difficulty selecting the comment itself and find the double backspace easier.

I agree 100% with the suggestion to have the Display as Icon checkbox remember the last setting. Either that or a preference I could set to default the box as checked. Or the ability to Tab into that checkbox from the comment text block (Shift-Tab, Ctrl-Tab or similar).
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Dean Whitlock wrote:I agree 100% with the suggestion to have the Display as Icon checkbox remember the last setting. Either that or a preference I could set to default the box as checked. Or the ability to Tab into that checkbox from the comment text block (Shift-Tab, Ctrl-Tab or similar).
Hi Dean,

Sometimes the easiest way to preserve your preferred settings is by copy and paste. Just click the previous comment you entered, Ctrl-C, go to where you want another one, Ctrl-V. Double click on it to edit the text -- and the tickbox is already ticked.

This method works equally well with lots of features in H&M and avoids the need to remember so many shortcuts. :)

Martin.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Not a bad idea, Martin. I will keep it in mind.
Thanks,
Dean :)
Florian Hamer

Unread post by Florian Hamer »

jlange wrote:I'm using comments for notes to myself inside the projects, but I wish they were less obtrusive. I'd like to be able to specify a different icon instead of the large red push-pin.
Hi, has anyone come up wit ha solution for this issue? Also would I like to swap out the rumpled paper graphic.

Cheers, Florian
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

HI Florian,

Sorry, these items are hard-coded in the program so you can't change them at the moment.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.