print single topic just for review

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dean Whitlock

print single topic just for review

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

I know this has been discussed but want to bring it up again:

For editing and review purposes, I would love an option to print a single topic from the editor without having to use a print manual template and that wouldn't included all the child topics or any of the linked-to topics. (Or that would give me an option to include or not include child topics and linked-to topics.) I just want to be able to have a programmer read the basic text without having to cut and paste into Word or notepad.

Dean
Martin Wynne

Re: print single topic just for review

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Dean Whitlock wrote:For editing and review purposes, I would love an option to print a single topic from the editor
Hi Dean,

I don't know if this helps, but have you tried compiling a single topic to eBook with the yellow Selected Topics option?

Compilation is almost instant, the topic comes up in the eBook reader, and right-clicking on it gives you Print this topic.

Here's a bit of Jing video showing how fast that is:

http://screencast.com/t/cim7eRYKV

regards,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Topics > Print Topic is also quite useful in this connection... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote:Topics > Print Topic is also quite useful in this connection... 8)
:oops:

Has that always been there? If so, :oops: :oops:

:)

Thanks Tim.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martin,
Martin Wynne wrote:Has that always been there? If so, :oops: :oops:
At least since H&M3, possibly since H&M2, I can't remember back that far. But don't worry, I forget things like that all the time and I wrote the documentation -- I recently sent a user a complex set of XML editing instructions explaining how to remove the subdirectory references from topic IDs in imported CHM files with internal subdirectories, forgetting that there is a simple switch in the importer that does this for you... Equally. :oops: :oops:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dean Whitlock

Unread post by Dean Whitlock »

Triple :oops:
Just goes to show: you learn how to do something one way and then you never even think to look for alternatives.
And it even includes the sticky notes!
Now, would it be possible to include the topic header...? :wink:

Thanks to both,
Dean