(maybe) another thing about include/exclude topics

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Frank

(maybe) another thing about include/exclude topics

Unread post by Frank »

Hi,

Maybe I did not really understand the include/exclude functions of H&M:

I found the "Build which includes this topics" option and think it's very useful.

But what I not found is an option to build own templates and set single topics to appear or not appear when building with a special template.

For example:

I use the same help source for 5 different customers. In the help source are some topics that include special informations for customer 3 but these informations should NOT be included in the help files for customers 1,2,4,5.

So what I would need is the possibility to set for each topic "include in template: "customer 3", "project XY" or something like that.

Sorry, if this is a silly question but I'm very new to H&M and maybe don't understand everything right.

Frank :-)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You can currently do this with a maximum of 3 customers using the User Defined 1-3 variables. Just select the appropriate Build Include options in the Topic Options tab of the appropriate topics.

You can't achieve this with templates -- H&M has two different kinds of templates, one for entire projects, which are basically just a skeleton project, and then the HTML page templates used for the design of individual topics/window types. These are accessed with:

Project / Project Properties / HTML Export Layout / Topic Pages

These templates apply for both HTML Help and browser-based HTML. Activate "Edit HTML Template Directly" in the Design Mode field for full access to the template (HTML skills are needed!). See the Tutorials & Guides section of the forum to get started.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.