Disappearing text from topics

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

Anybody been able to reproduce the problem with the tables?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John,

I just reproduced this reliably on Windows 2000 (SP4) with the latest version of H&M. It definitely happens. I'm passing a note on to Alex...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Thanks for the detailed report! It is not related to XP, it's a bug in Help & Manual. We'll correct it a.s.a.p.!

Meanwhile, some background and a workaround:

Help & Manual does not recognize the change of the focus in this procedure. When you are editing text before or after that table, it thinks that the inplace editor of the table cell still has the keyboard focus. Due to this fact, the OnChange events of the main editing window are disconnected and changes to the text are not recognized (the save button stays gray). Changes after this point are not saved when you switch to another topic.

Workaround for the moment: After you saved the topic while the table still had the focus, switch to a different topic, then switch back to make further changes.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

I have tried the workaround several times, and even tried it different ways. Unfortunately it does not work for me - maybe that is related to XP.

At least I know that any deletion of rows gives me the problem, and not much effort to close and reopen.

Thanks
John
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Update last night: version 3.31 build 856 is available and fixes this problem.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH