Invisible-Topics-Listbox empty

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Anton Santa

Invisible-Topics-Listbox empty

Unread post by Anton Santa »

Hi,
I'm using Help&Manual Trial 3.1.0645.
I've done an import of a large hpj-project (created by Doc2Help 3.0) (about 1300 topics) and there where no errors. The Invisible-Topics-Listbox is empty but when clicking into the regarding helptext is shown. I can also do a 'sort' (popup-menu) without exceptions. When scrolling (with pgup, pgdw) from beginning to end there are only topics from letter 'S' to 'Z', but there should be a lot of others. The vertical scroll-bar is missing.
Importing a small project, the topics are present!

Could this be a problem of the used component?

my system: WinXP-Italian, OfficeXP-ital

regards

Anton Santa
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Haven't seen something like this myself but then I almost never import HPJ projects, and when I do they're quite small. However, I think you might have problems if the HAT you used to generate your HPJ produced some kind of non-standard output, particularly in the RTF files.

You might want to try performing "Repair and Recover..." on the new Help & Manual project (it's in the Tools menu), this might help. Otherwise you'll have to wait for someone with a little more experience here... :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Anton Santa

Tried to "Repair" but still the same problem.
Previously I changed the .rtf regarding the .hpj within Word and saved it. Now I've done a new import with the original .rtf and all seems ok.
Thank you for the prompt answer.

Anton Santa
Tim Green
Site Admin

Anton Santa wrote:Previously I changed the .rtf regarding the .hpj within Word and saved it. Now I've done a new import with the original .rtf and all seems ok.
Good to hear it. RTF files are sensitive beasts and small changes can have annoying consequences... :roll:
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Anton Santa

Bad news:
I've done an import of another project where the .rtf was not modified and had the same problem.

Good news:
when undocking the "Table of contens"-window the items appear. Seems to be a 'refreshing-problem' when containing a lot of items.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hmmm... 8)

Alexander will probably get onto it in a day or so -- I know he's pretty busy at the moment.
Regards,

Private support: