Importing RTF documents - timeout

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dww_jerome

Importing RTF documents - timeout

Unread post by dww_jerome »

Hi,

got something possibly weird, but in any case a bit annoying.
I'm building a set of manuals for Virtuozzo software from SW-soft.com and they have delivered pdf files ;-(
I have been able to convert these to RTF format and have been trying to import these into Help & Manual.

Each import has failed sofar. Without exception.
As far as I can think of there's only a few causes which I would like to be confirmed or disporven.
1) there is a file size limit for RTF files when importing (each document is between 14 and 28 MB)
2) there is something wrong with the structures (internal) of the rtf document (I first had to export the pdf to Word and then save as rtf)
3) there is another cause

I would value your response ;-) Either with a possible filesize limit it might be considered a bug, otherwise there is a possible bug when dealing with doc-rtf conversion imports or Word just screws up or something completely different.

I would have tried to import from xml if Adobe Acrobat had been able to get the job done, apparently for xml export in that software you either need the server side components which bypass internal limits or restrict the filesize to maximum 9 megs ...

HELP! (& manual - :-) - )
www.DWwork.com - powerAPI, powerSDK and Distributed MX
(extensibility, integration & productivity solutions)