Table row/column selection with cursor

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

Table row/column selection with cursor

Unread post by brunos »

Since other bugs were fixed in tables, I guess this one, a long time ago reported bug, was forgotten....

When you try to select a table row with mouse pointer, hovering the pointer over the row's left edge, the pointer arrow changes into a black right arrow; but, if you click now, it won't select, leaving you puzzled. What you have to do is to move the pointer LEFT for one pixel more, and then click. Now it will select the row.

The same for a table column selection: move the pointer one pixel up after the down arrow appeared, and then click.

I guess the problem is that the code to display the selection pointer, and the code to actually select in a table, do not share the same method to calculate position.

Regards,
Bruno
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I cannot duplicate that problem at all. Which screen resolution do you use and which mouse tolerance?

The mouse-over and the mouse-click event do of course share the same function to calculate the mouse position. Everything else would be nonsense.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
brunos

Table/row selection...

Unread post by brunos »

I'm using 1280 x 1024, 24-bit color, on Windows 2000 SP2. The mouse is a plain-vanilla one, Logitech PS/2 port mouse. I couldn't find further details on resolution. The Control Panel settings are all default.

I should say that, of course, in other software sharing the same concept (Word, for example), the selection works correctly.

Thanks,
Bruno