Deleting table rows doesn't mark topic as modified (b649)

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

Deleting table rows doesn't mark topic as modified (b649)

Unread post by brunos »

When you delete one or more rows in a table, and you press Ctrl+down, or Ctrl-Up without changing anything else in the topic, it's not marked as modified, and consequently, your deletion is not saved. So you have to do it again.

b649, on Windows 2000.

Regards,
Bruno
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Don't quite get this. When I select multiple rows in a topic and delete them with Table / Delete / Rows I can't reproduce this problem. How are you deleting?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
brunos

Unread post by brunos »

sorry for being unprecise.

I select one or more rows with the pointer (from the left side), and then press the Delete key.

Regards,
Bruno
Tim Green
Site Admin

brunos wrote:I select one or more rows with the pointer (from the left side), and then press the Delete key.
That may be the problem -- you need to use the Delete Rows function in the Tables menu to delete rows properly.

As the old saying goes, it ain't a bug it's a feature... :twisted:
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
brunos

Unread post by brunos »

I know you're kidding, dear Tim - but I get very suspicious about features which makes you loose your work.
Tim Green
Site Admin

brunos wrote:I know you're kidding, dear Tim - but I get very suspicious about features which makes you loose your work.
Ahh...now I was able to reproduce it -- I was experimenting with empty rows, now I did it with some rows with random text.

Yes, I think this is a minor bug, because it's much easier to press DEL than to perform the series of clicks necessary to access Delete Rows in the Table menu... :shock:
Regards,

Private support: