Importing Flash in H&M and Width/Height Problem

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dm4714

Importing Flash in H&M and Width/Height Problem

Unread post by dm4714 »

I am using Camtasia Studio 2.0 from http://www.techsmith.com to create a short video presentation for my application.

The video creation is fine and I export it from Camtasia Studio with a size of 609x435.

If I go to H&M and import the video, by default, it displays the file size as 610x436. It appears to be 1 pixel higher and wider than what I recorded.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or something within H&M?

Also, unchecking the "Autostart" does not appear to work for the .SWF file that I"m importing. As soon as I click on the help topic, the video starts playing...

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the way Camtasia Studio exports the .SWF file or what, but I wish there was a way to turn off auto-play!

Opinions?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Autoplay is defined in the ActiveX code used to start the animation so that can't have anything to do with Camtasia. I looked at the compiled code and I can confirm that the Autoplay tag gets exported as "true" even if you deselect it -- that's why I've moved the topic to Bug Reports.

The size of animations (I use TurboDemo 6) gets identified correctly on my system. It's possible that H&M is reading it incorrectly on your system but that's what the size indicators are for: Just double-click on the animation in the editor and adjust the Width and Height settings to the correct values. (Don't try to use this to scale your animations, Flash does not scale well...)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Re: Importing Flash in H&M and Width/Height Problem

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

dm4714 wrote:The video creation is fine and I export it from Camtasia Studio with a size of 609x435.
If I go to H&M and import the video, by default, it displays the file size as 610x436.
Hi,

Camtasia is displaying the maximum pixel index, H&M is displaying the number
of pixels. There is always a 1 pixel difference between these.

The pixel index runs from pixel 0 (left) to pixel 609 (right). That's a total of 610 pixels.

Martin.
dm4714

Unread post by dm4714 »

This makes sense; although a bit confusing. I won't ask how you know this --
dm4714

Unread post by dm4714 »

Hoo-Ray, Tim! I found a bug on my first attempt of using the program with Flash! Do I get a discount before I purchase now? :-)

I got my management in agreement H&M is what we want. I just got to wait until next week to get the final OK on quantiy and stuff.