Captured bitmaps appear black

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

MicroActive

Captured bitmaps appear black

Unread post by MicroActive »

After using H&M, and capturing dozens of images, the bitmaps are not captured correctly. They appear as black rectangles. Upon closing and reopening the H&M application, it appears fixed for a few more images before it happens again.

Rebooting the computer seems to help for a longer period of time. The problem is not related to the application that the images are being captured from ... it has happened on many different applications.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

What format are you saving the bitmaps in? When working in H&M you must use BMP or the IPP Impict format -- the graphics are converted to compressed JPG, GIF and PNG formats (depending on your settings in Project Properties) at compile time.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
MicroActive

Unread post by MicroActive »

Hi Tim. They appear black during 'design time' ... as soon as they are captured by the H&M utility and displayed on the screen.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hmm...several people have been reporting this recently, I haven't seen it myself. Odd. May be that it only appears in connection with specific hardware configurations. You can either wait until someone finds out what it is and posts a workaround or contact support at EC Software directly at:

support@ec-software.com

Alex (the chief developer of H&M) is often on the forum and he may post an explanation soon... :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.