Parts of table disappear in PDF format

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Svein

Parts of table disappear in PDF format

Unread post by Svein »

If a table is placed near the bottom margin, I have noticed that parts of the table contents disappear.
Below you can see a captured bitmap from H&M when editing the help topic, and a captured bitmap from the same topic when compiled to PDF.

H&M, topic editing:

PDF output:

I have also seen the same clipping problem at the right margin, so it seems to be a general problem of tables and clipping that doesn't match the margins set in the PDF template.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I assume that this table is too long for the page. The tables do not break automatically, you must split the table into two separate tables of the same width. Version 3.2 will have a convenient function for that.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Svein

Unread post by Svein »

No, the table is not too long. But it seems like the PDF-compiler clips the table with antother margin than I have set in the PDF template. The bottom margin is further down on the page. On other pages there is ordinary text placed further down than this clipped table.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

I have never seen this before - except if a table reaches the end of the page. Do you have large screen shot of the entire PDF page? Or better, a demo project that includes this table, complete with images and the manual template that you use for printing/export.
Alexander Halser
Svein

Unread post by Svein »

Here is the link to my project:

http://www.sunsoft.no/download/hm-project.zip

It's in norwegian, but I guess that isn't a problem. If you run this project on a XP machine, I guess that will produce the same bugs as I get here. If you for excample take a look at the chapters Kort brukerveiledning" (at the chapter's second page, section "Utskrift"), "Manøvrere i girofilen" and "Menyvalg hjelp", then you will see the problem (if the output is compiled equally, that is). In the chapter "Manøvrere i girofilen" I get a very strange result... there's a clipped table bug in the bottom at the page, and ordinary text below the clipped table before the page break. So that proves that the clipping error doesn't follow the margins set in the template.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Do the clipped tables also appear on your Windows 98 machine (where the PDF export is ok). In other words: could it be related to the same problem?
Alexander Halser
Svein

Unread post by Svein »

At first I thought so myself, but it seems to be clipping problems also when running on a Win98 machine. But the since the reference device (default printer driver) is different, then the output was a little different, that means: I found clipping problem in other parts of the PDF.

But anyway, I'll wil try with the new Beta version you just sent me, and I will give you feedback if the problem is the same (or not..) in this version