Problems with Title bar text in compiled CHM file

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

ERKASL

Problems with Title bar text in compiled CHM file

Unread post by ERKASL »

Hello...

I'm working in the help for a big software project and it seems the HM3 file was corrupted, in the Title bar of the compiled CHM file doesn't appear the title which was defined on the project properties (section Help Windows --> Main, neither in Common Propeties --> Title and Copyright) and the worst is that's a modular help system and for each new project that I've copied the properties of the main project using the "Copy properties from... " option. Now, in every file the text in Title bar appear as "HTML Help" and not the defined title.

However when I create another new project and I compile it, shows correctly the defined title in section "Help windows". How can I correct this problems in files of current project without having to pass the whole content page to page to other one? it's a BIG project!!!

... I've tried to begin a new project, having the previous one as template but the problem persist :(

Please help me as soon possible!
Israel
http://www.lighteam.com
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

This is a bug in HTML Help. Non-English help files always display the window title "HTML Help" on English Windows versions. There is no workaround except to set the language of the help file to English.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH