Ctrl+Click on a Target doesn't take me to the target

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

amy

Ctrl+Click on a Target doesn't take me to the target

Unread post by amy »

Here's the scenario:

Let's say I have topic A with a link to a target in topic B.
In HM3 you double clicked on it and it took you there. Now, I guess, you have to Ctrl+Click on the hyperlink.
When I Ctrl+Click, although I do jump to topic B, it doesn't point me to the target. Instead I am directed to somewhere near the target, but not at it. And a bunch of text gets highlighted. I can't deduce why, it seems random. In the end, I have to take the time to figure out where I'm supposed to be pointed to.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Amy,

Thanks for reporting this. This is a known issue and is being worked on.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
A K

Re: Ctrl+Click on a Target doesn't take me to the target

Unread post by A K »

Hi - I'm having the same issue as described. I'm working in H&M Version 4.5.0 build 1344. For example, in Topic A, I'll have a link to Topic B. When I Ctrl+Click on the link, it takes me to Topic B, but instead of going to the top of the topic, it goes to several lines of highlighted text (and sometimes an image) halfway down the page.

I can't find any reason for why these particular lines of text are chosen. It seems to be completely random. Also, it doesn't happen every time. For example, in Topic C, Ctrl+click on the B link will take you to the top of Topic B, but in Topic A, the link to Topic B goes to the random lines of text. When I edit the problem hyperlink, the Anchor in the target Topic is set to the top of the page. Is there any other setting to check that might affect this?

Is there anything else that can be done about this issue?

Thank you.