wrong images in imported chm project

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mwahish

wrong images in imported chm project

Unread post by mwahish »

I imported a chm file, and the import process was successful. The problem I am having is that the wrong images are showing up in the wrong pages in the new project.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Importing .chm files is an arcane and far from perfect process, by the very nature of the beast. The level of success depends to a large degree on what was used to create the original .chm and how the variables, topics, images etc. were named by the original author/authoring software.

Happily, it's not something I've ever had to do all that often. But generally I found that there was always something I had to go through and correct manually. If there are a lot of mis-assigned graphics your solution might be to use a viewer program like ACDSee or Thumbs Plus on the newly-generated graphics, so that you have an overview of what is what. Then you can have that open in one window and your original chm open in another (both for reference) while you reselect the right graphics in the imported project in H&M.

Alex may say that there's a fix -- he's on a business trip this week, so it will take a few days -- but it may turn out that you have to do it the hard way... :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.