Strange thing in tables in 3.2

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

Strange thing in tables in 3.2

Unread post by brunos »

There is a couple of strange things in tables in 3.2:

1. Undoing of changes in cells content sometimes hides columns. To reproduce the problem, make a 2x4 table, fill it up with text, save topic and switch to another one, then go back, change something in text of let's say 2nd column 3rd row, move to another row, and then undo: the first column is gone! Fortunately, it's just a screen - the column is still there when you switch to another topic and return.

2. Create a table 3x2 and set the background using the custom color 192,192,192. Add a row: it's background is not gray. Compile into CHM: it's actually white. Now, back to source, and re-apply the color to entire table. Compile to CHM: the table background is black! I believed that Ive found the workaround: set table to no background, and then set again to gray background. But, then, when I've made about 30+ such tables, and compiled into CHM once more, all of them were BLACK! So, I gave up for a while to use backgrounds... what a joy, to remove backgrounds from 30+ topics...

3. Create a table 2x2, and then add one column more, so it's now 3x2. Try to make wider the last column with pointer; it's not possible: the double-arrow pointer does not appear. The only way to do it is to use column width.

A quick fix will be very welcome.

Regards,
Bruno