Explorer crashes when using Mac OS X

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mads Nygaard

Explorer crashes when using Mac OS X

Unread post by Mads Nygaard »

The HTML output created by Help&Manual 3.2.0.702 cannot be shown correctly by Explorer 5.2.2 on Mac OS X. I don't think this problem is specific to the Help&Manual version mentioned above.

When clicking on the dynamic index to the left, the Explorer crashes! I have tried this on your "Conditional Output" sample. The problem only occurs when using the Dynamic TOC - not when using the static TOC.

Is this a problem you are aware of? And can it be fixed?

Best regards,
Mads Nygaard
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Interesting, this isn't something I've heard of. Hopefully we'll hear something about it soon.

BTW -- please note that the H&M Forums are completely unofficial and have nothing to do with EC Software. I'm just another H&M user and the whole thing is a private project on my part.

Alex is an active member of the forums and often posts here, but this is not a "support" site. All direct requests for support should be addressed to support@ec-software.com. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We are aware of the problem but have not found a solution yet.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
ryanknoll

fixed yet?

Unread post by ryanknoll »

I'm on an OS X 10.2.3 machine right now running Microshit IE 5.2.2. I tried a few H & M Javascript/HTML web outputs, including the one on helpandmanual.com, and it crashes the IE browser. Is this bug going to be left unfixed?

I know I belabored this point in a previous post (http://www.it-authoring.com/bb/helpauth ... .php?t=654), but I'd really like to see a Javascript tree that doesn't force a page refresh in MS IE and Mozilla Firebird (like eHelp's javascript tree).