Static HTML-output doesn`t show "startpage"

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

matthias

Static HTML-output doesn`t show "startpage"

Unread post by matthias »

Hi,

I have generated a HTML-Browser Help file but I used "Static output". I defined a start page for the right frame but it does not appear in my browser.
When using dynamic output the start page in the right frames works fine.

Matthias Jensen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matthias,

Are you sure you've got it the right way round? I just tried it several times with several different kinds of start page, and on my system it works with static output but not with dynamic -- i.e. exactly the opposite of what you describe. That would make sense to me, because I can imagine the JavaScript that controls the dynamic menu might automatically close the menu when the page is opened, thus overriding the "home" page setting. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
matthias

I know why it doesn`t work

Unread post by matthias »

OK, I got it to work. By mistake my first topic is called "Einführung"
and H & M saves that as topic-id "Einführung" but when loading the frame page it tries to load "einführung.htm" as start page.

The special character seems to be the problem. I changed the topic-id to "einfuhrung" without - ü - and then it works fine.

I thought it would change it without that I have to do that.

Thanks,
Matthias Jensen
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ah, makes sense. Any ASCII > 127 is still generally a bad idea in IDs or anything the computer has to read. It would be good if H&M corrected this automatically though... :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.