Tables 3.2 - unable to resize

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Tables 3.2 - unable to resize

Unread post by John Smith »

I have a table with 5 columns (6 Rows).

Can resize columns 1, & 2 but none past that. Tried everything including closing H&M and reopening.

Another little bug, which is actually only annoying. When clicking on a table, H&M remembers where your cursor was prior to choosing the table. When you click out of the table it returns you to wherever your cursor was originally, not where you have clicked. So if you entered a topic and moved down to a table, chose it, edited, and then chose text below the table, you will be thrown back to the beginning of the page where the cursor originally started when you entered the topic.

Kind Regards
John
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

We are working on that and hope to have a fix next week.
As a workaround please resize the columns in the table format dialog box.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

Thanks Alex

Something also to consider on tables

When inserting or deleting a row, position is determined by the cursor not selection of a row.

For example in a table I left the cursor on some test data, selected a whole row two rows above my test data (selection was by clicking on the left hand side of the row - small bold arrow appears) and then deleting row from the menu. The test data was deleted, not the selected row.

Not a problem now I understand the importance of cursor position, but not standard. I didn't pick up that something was wrong, even when the right click menu would not work after selecting the whole row.

Note, if you select more than 1 row (using shift key) then the correct rows are deleted. Still can not use the right click menu.

Regards
John