Unwanted empty line below a table

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

Unwanted empty line below a table

Unread post by brunos »

I have following lines in my programming manual in the H&M 3.2:

Subhead 1 (Syntax) in Arial bold 10pt
(half-size empty line 5pt)
singlecolumn/single row column, one line text in Courier New 9pt (AddCache)
(full-size empty line 10pt)***
Subhead 2 (Arguments) in Arial bold 10pt

(sorry for the awkward explanation and my great stypidity, but I simply don't know how to attach a picture to this mail - perhaps a good soul could teach me....?)

When compiled in a CHM, the blank space marked with *** is of two 10pt lines. Why's that, I can't understand. The only workaround I've found so far is to strip-off the blank space above Subhead2; but then I loose it in PDF export.

I just can't accept to handle this with conditional text in a WYSIWYG editor!

Or, it's my mistake?

Here's the HTML code extracted from CHM page, perhaps it would help to pin down the problem:

Code: Select all

<b>Syntax</b>
<br>
</span><span style="font-family:Arial; font-size:5pt; color:#000000"> 
<br>
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr valign="top"><td width="20"></td><td><span style="font-family:Arial; font-size:5pt; color:#000000"></span></span></span><span style="font-family:Courier New; font-size:9pt; color:#000000"><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="423" bgcolor="#BFBFBF">
<span style="font-family:Courier New; font-size:9pt; color:#000000">AddCache(&nbsp;strName,&nbsp;strSelect&nbsp;)
<br>
</span></td></tr></table>
&nbsp;<br>
</span></td></tr></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr valign="top"><td width="20"></td><td><span style="font-family:Courier New; font-size:9pt; color:#000000"></span></td></tr></table><span style="font-family:Courier New; font-size:9pt; color:#000000"></span><span style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; color:#000000">
<br>
<b>Arguments</b>
Regards,
Bruno
Olivier Beltrami

Unread post by Olivier Beltrami »

The same thing happens with images. If you have an image on a line then there is an automatic extra line added in the CHM ... but not in the PDF. It does drive me crazy sometimes, because the screenshots either look OK in the CHM or PDF but not both.
Olivier Beltrami
https://www.qppstudio.net
Worldwide Public Holidays and Calendar Data