More strange things in tables in 3.2

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

brunos

More strange things in tables in 3.2

Unread post by brunos »

Try this:

1. Click somewhere in a row of a single column/single table, and add a bit of text at the end.

2. Press Alt+Tab.

At this point, your cursor returned to topic. So I believed for a moment I've found a way to switch by keys between a table and topic text! But -

3. Cut a paragraph of text below the table, and paste it above the table.

You would expect the table moves down when text is pasted. But, no: the table doesn't move down, it stays where it was and text, apparently, flows in the background of the table. The strangest thing: the cursor returns to the table again!

Although at this point I've got scared, H&M didn't crash (one plus for its stability!). Switching to another topic, the view was refreshed correctly.

Yet, it doesn't look to me as a feature.

Regards,
Bruno
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

I have also noticed similar quirks, sometimes it appears that my text disappears entirely.

The problem appears to be that the table is like a separate grid suspended over the body text. When you click on it it becomes active, and you can edit it, etc.

I assume that it was done this way to achieve what we require, and it is a great achievement.

Obviously it will take some time to work out the little bugs that come with such an achievement.