Dissapearing Text

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Dissapearing Text

Unread post by John Smith »

H&M 3.2
XP Proffessional

I typed in some text, then when to save, but the save button was greyed out. When I looked at the text I had typed, it was not there. Can't be sure what I immediately did after typing in the text.

Tested for about 5 mins - I would type in some text - save button would remain greyed out. swap to another topic, came back, and text was gone.

Only way to stop this was to close H&M (open for about 4 hours) and restart it.

Could not replicate the problem afterwards.

Can not remember exactly what had happened prior to typing in the text, but I had deleted some other text (font -red) within a table, and changed font colour back to black for the line with no text anymore.

Once before I had thought that I had added text, but could no longer see it.

Anyway not much help unless I can replicate it. will keep an eye out

Anybody else experience dissappearing text?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Anybody else experience dissappearing text?
No, but I'm still using W2K on my development machine.

A thought: Try marking the entire area where the text disappeared and change the font color. Just to make sure that it's really gone and not just white... (You could also output as Word/RTF and have a look at the resulting file in Word). Just covering all the bases... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Smith

Thanks Tim

Can't replicate at moment, but if it happens again will try your suggestions. Note: I could see what I was typing, but as soon as I moved away, up the page or to another topic, it would be gone. Problem was the same on any topic I went to.
John Smith

This has happened again - more dissapearing text (latest H&M build and XP Pro)

There were no format changes, and no table involved.

I moved to a topic with text, standard format, no table on page.

I amended some text by highlighting and typing over it. I also typed extra text. I went to another topic and returned, and the text had reverted to what I had typed previously to the amendment.

I again typed over the text, and saved the file. I did not change topic, I left my desk for 3 minutes, returned and the text had again reverted to what I had typed previously. Note: that the save icon was still greyed out as per my previous save.

I closed down H&M, reopened it, typed my amendment as before, and the problem did not occur again.

Also Note: This is a completely different help file, and not related to the previous one.

Looks like I am still the only one experiencing this! No one out that has thought they typed something but could not find it?