Text not lining up with set tab in V3.2

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Graham Horn

Text not lining up with set tab in V3.2

Unread post by Graham Horn »

I have a simple page with two tabbed columns. The first column is aligned on a tab and the second should be aligned on a second tab. Since using 3.2, the second column is no longer lined up, but each line appears as a fixed distance after the first column. In H&M itself the columns appear correctly, but not in the HTML output.

Anyone else with this problem ?
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

This is not since version 3.2. HTML does not have an equivalent to "tabs". You must use a table for that.

For simple tables with only 2 columns, you could use tabs in Help & Manual, but you must care about the formatting: a simple tab does not work but if you apply a hanging indent (with a tab stop at the indent position), Help & Manual translates this formatting into a HTML table.
I believe, your topic is missing the hanging indent only.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Graham Horn

Unread post by Graham Horn »

Amazing !! I have two help files, both html and almost identical (created from the same source with small modifications), the one is ok and the other not. Really !! The first one which was created with the previous H&M is correct and the second one isn't !! :shock:

I'll have to investigate further.

Thanks for the tip