Error message: »Index out of bounds«

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Leippe

Error message: »Index out of bounds«

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi Tim,

if I compile html help (chm) with v 4.31 build 1229, I receive an error message: »Index out of bounds« exactly in the position of 51 %. If I compile the same project with build 1208 everything functions perfectly.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Matthias,

Hmm... this is exactly what 1229 was supposed to correct. Can you see the name of the topic at which the compile is failing? If so, does it contain tables?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Leippe

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi Tim,

I think, I was able to locate the error in my files: Simple table (one row, two cells) followed by a paragraph with a <page-break-after:avoid>.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Matthias,

Try this beta build, it will probably fix it:

http://download.ec-software.com/hmsetup_1236.exe
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Leippe

Unread post by Leippe »

Correct URL -> Download page was not found ?
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Matthias,

Sorry, it's offline again. The developers tell me that an official update with build 1236 will be coming today or tomorrow, if all goes well.
Regards,

Private support:
Leippe

Unread post by Leippe »

Hi Tim,
I examined the project file over again and suppose that the error lies here (normal inserted picture with if-clause | and | toggled picture with if-clause).

Coding is the following:

Code: Select all

<para styleclass="Image Caption"><conditional-text type="IF" value="PDF"/><image src="F_Artikel.bmp" scale="100.00%" styleclass="Image Caption"></image><conditional-text type="END"/><conditional-text type="IF" value="CHM,HTML"/><toggle type="picture" print-expanded="true" help-expanded="false" src-collapsed="F_Artikel1.bmp" src-expanded="F_Artikel1.bmp" scale="25.00%" width="145" height="94" styleclass="Image Caption"></toggle><conditional-text type="END"/></para>
Build used: 1236.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Matthias,

If you're still getting this error with the current build we need to have a look at your project. Please pack just the .HMX file (no graphics, no other files) in a ZIP or RAR archive (necessary to prevent files from being stripped by some mail providers) and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).

I assume you're using conditional text because you need a different size image in your PDF than what you get with the expanded version. Otherwise you could simply set the toggle to display expanded in PDF. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Leippe

Unread post by Leippe »

Tim,

I must get the file once again from the archive. So I'm going to mail it tomorrow. Yes, your supposition is right. Indeed, now I go another way and have no more problems with the error.
Best regards
Matthias Leippe
Vladimir

Unread post by Vladimir »

I got this problem when I try to output my project to the PDF format. Converting to CHM and HTML goes smoothly.
Interesting enough, another project (much smaller) outputs to all format without a problem.
Build is 1243. With some older build, the project had been outputted many times normally.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Vladimir,
Vladimir wrote:I got this problem when I try to output my project to the PDF format. Converting to CHM and HTML goes smoothly.
Interesting enough, another project (much smaller) outputs to all format without a problem.
Build is 1243. With some older build, the project had been outputted many times normally.
The developers need to have a look at your project to analyze the problem. Please pack just the .HMX file (no graphics, no other files) in a ZIP or RAR archive (necessary to prevent files from being stripped by some mail providers) and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).

In your mail, please say whether the error message occurs during the first (printing document) or the second (creating PDF) stage of the compile process.
Regards,

Private support: