Font style in tables differs from source in compiled MMHelp!

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

T. Abeln

Font style in tables differs from source in compiled MMHelp!

Unread post by T. Abeln »

We just encountered the following bug with the last to builds (704, 732) of HM3.2:

Using a table, everything looks fine in source, apart from the "usual" problems when using large tables. As default font style, we mostly use Arial 10 pt.

But in compiled MMHelp, in some tables, same text suddenly appears as 10 pt bold and underlined.

We checked every single cell of the affected tables to be sure that the whole content is formatted correctly. But everything's just fine in the editor. That's definitely not WYSIWYG.... :?
T. Abeln

Problem Occurs not only in tables...

Unread post by T. Abeln »

...now, this "WYSINWYG" Problem occurs not only in tables: Within some topics, from one paragraph to the next, font style changes from standard into italic in compiled MMHelp. In source, everything looks perfect. We typed in the whole topic originally, no puzzling from different pieces.

By the way: In HTML Help format, everything is perfect, so this problem seems to affect the MMHelp output only. We use the standard template and need to use MMHelp as output format (see my other posts for reasons):cry:

Regards,
Thorsten
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Thorsten,
this must be a special problem with your help project only. I cannot say whether it's a bug in Help & Manual or in the viewer, but it is possible that the viewer renders text differntly than HTML Help with MS Internet Explorer. You would help me a lot if you sent me your project file (.hm3 only) with an email: support@ec-software.com
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH