Formatting Text in Tables

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

michael-maleny

Formatting Text in Tables

Unread post by michael-maleny »

I have found some peculiar traits when formatting text in tables. If you wish to format large amounts of cells in one go, you need to be careful with the direction of cell selection. If you select from the bottom right to the top left of a group of cells the formatting will not apply. If you select from the top right to the bottom left the formatting will apply. If you select from left to right formatting will always work regardless of going up or down. If you only wish to format one column you must select cells from top to bottom and if you format one row you must select the cells from left to right.
Obviously there is some minor glitch in the formatting but it seems to be easily overcome.
It just happens I select from right to left and bottom to top frequently and thus wondered why I never got what I intended, so I was forced to format cell by cell aaarrrgh!
Hope this helps .
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting this, very strange! At first I couldn't reproduce it but as far as I can see it only applies for styles, not for manual formatting. For example, if I select cells from top to bottom I can apply bold or italics, but not a new style. I've never noticed this myself, probably because I always select from left to right and from top to bottom... :shock:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.