Insert New Topic keeps popping up and can't get out of it

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Frances N

Insert New Topic keeps popping up and can't get out of it

Unread post by Frances N »

Hi,
I am a new user and perhaps I am not using the program correctly.

( just posted this topic, I thought, but I don't see it in the forum. This posting has the latest .hmx however)

I have a serious problem. The Insert New Topic dialog keeps popping up unexpectedly, and I can't get out of it by pressing Cancel or by x-ing the dialog. If I press OK, a new topic is created and the Insert New Topic dialog pops up again. I have to go to Task Manager, "kill" H and M and then restart it. The problem goes away for a while and then comes back.

I have been doing a lot of copy and paste between topics - is that a problem? Can it be something with my computer and not H&M?

Any workarounds?

I've attached the latest .hmx file after this last happend
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Frances,

Your .hmx isn't attached to the posting but that's a good thing because it's really not necessary here - the Insert New Topic dialog popping up can't have anything to do with your project itself. I suspect that what has happened is that you have accidentally entered a keyboard shortcut for this that is a key or key combination that you actually press quite a lot. To check this go to Tools -> Customize -> Shortcuts and see what has been set for Insert New Topic. The only other possibility is some kind of hardware problem, for example broken or jammed keys on your keyboard that are constantly triggering the key combination for a new topic. It definitely isn't a known problem and nobody has ever reported it before...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.