Bug when inputting hexadecimal Context nrs.

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lex Lennings

Bug when inputting hexadecimal Context nrs.

Unread post by Lex Lennings »

I am using H&M V 4.50 (build 1306), and I think I have found a bug concerning the Help Context Number. The Topic Options tab for each Topic contains an edit field to enter this number, and I found that I could enter hexadecimal numbers like "0x18060", which then stands for 98400 decimal.
So far this works OK. However, entering a hex number that contains a non-numerical does not work. When I enter "0x2080A" the program seems to accept this, however after building a Help file this number has been reset to 02080 (decimal), which is not correct.
Obviously now I know this I can just enter decimal values, still I thought that you might like to know.

Lex.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lex,

Hex numbers are not officially supported for context number input so it may behave unexpectedly if you use this option. However, I have added this to the bug list for checking anyway. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lex Lennings

Unread post by Lex Lennings »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for adding this option to the list.

I have two arguments to support my case:
- These hexadecimal numbers were entered by Help&Manual !! (when importing a Winhelp project).
- The MAP files that MS Visual Studio produces (called .hm files) contain the context numbers in hex.

Lex.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lex,

It's being checked. For the moment please enter context nos. in decimal. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.