Bug in repair and recover?

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

akindwall

Bug in repair and recover?

Unread post by akindwall »

Hi,
I am using H&M 4 Version 4.5.0 build 1306.

I manually ran the repair and recover on a project to remove stuck stickpins from the TOC. It worked beautifully in removing the invalid stickpins, but caused some serious problems with topic headings.
Many of the topics now display this error when I try to open them (from the project): "Cannot find Topic Header" When I click through the error, the topic is displayed but the heading is truncated (e.g., from "Imports - Overview" to just "I").

Example
Here is the xml for a topic header before the change *******Note the last line - the topic header is "Imports - Overview"**********
Topic before repair and recover:
<body>
<header>
<para styleclass="Heading1"><text style="font-family:Arial; font-size:8pt; color:#000000;" translate="true">Questions or comments about this topic? Please let us know!  E-mail: </text><link displaytype="text" defaultstyle="true" type="weblink" href="mailto:ApplicationSupportGroup@itagroup.com" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:8pt; color:#000000;" translate="true">Application Support Group</link></para>
<para styleclass="Heading1"><text styleclass="Heading1" translate="true">Imports - Overview</text></para>

Topic after repair and recover. *****Note the last line - the topic header text is now just "I":******
<body>
<header>
<para styleclass="Heading1"><text style="font-family:Arial; font-size:8pt; color:#000000;" translate="true">Questions or comments about this topic? Please let us know!  E-mail: </text><link displaytype="text" defaultstyle="true" type="weblink" href="mailto:ApplicationSupportGroup@itagroup.com" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:8pt; color:#000000;" translate="true">Application Support Group</link></para>
<para styleclass="Heading1"><text styleclass="Heading1" translate="true">I</text></para>

Can you tell me why this happened? I will go back to my saved version of the project but will not be able to use the repair and recover tool if this is what it does to topics. Is it a bug?
Thanks much,
Ann
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ann,

We need to have a look at the unrepaired project to figure out what has happened here. It will definitely be something in the project because this phenomenon is completely unknown, it has never been reported before. Please pack just the .HMX file (no graphics, no other files) in a ZIP or RAR archive (necessary to prevent files from being stripped by some mail providers) and mail it to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.