System Error. Code 87

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lporrel

System Error. Code 87

Unread post by lporrel »

When publishing html help, system threw "System Error. Code 87. The parameter is incorrect." I clicked OK several dozen times, and the dialog persisted until I killed H&M from the Task Manager.

Not sure if this is related, but H&M is deactivating all of my glossary entries (that I had in invisible topics).
Leonard Porrello
Spredfast
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Leonard,

The system error code is not an issue I've heard before, I've asked the programmers to look into it.

I need a little more information on your "glossary entries" to be able to provide a meaningful answer. Note that former "invisible topics" are now normal topic files, stored in the Topic Files section in the Project Explorer with all your other topic files. The only difference between them and other topics is that they don't have TOC entries. The converter will put your old invisible topics in a separate folder in the Topic Files section to make them easier to find.

However, if you use the automatic option for converting your HM4 projects the converter will also add a folder called "Former Invisible Topics" to your TOC. This is for information only and its include options are set to "None" so that these TOC entries will not be included in your output. This does not have any effect on the actual topic files in the Topic Files section. If you want, you can delete this folder without deleting the associated topic files. Just select it, press DELETE and DEselect the option "Also delete referred topic files" before confirming (otherwise you will delete the topic files as well).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

Leonard,

Can you give us more information on when exactly the error occurs?
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
lporrel

Unread post by lporrel »

I can's seem to replicate this either. If it pops up again, I'll let you know and try to provide more details.

Thanks!
Leonard Porrello
Spredfast