Impict - Cut and paste

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Impict - Cut and paste

Unread post by John Smith »

Cut no longer seems to work, it acts as a copy only. You can paste it, but it is not removed from the original image.

Cut did work in the previous version of Impict, so seems to be a new bug in the new version.

XP Pro - all updates
Impict - Ver 1.3
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hmm...I'm running 1.3 on Windows 2000 and cut is working fine, both with Ctrl+X and with the Edit menu option...don't have it installed on my XP machine at the moment. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Smith

Tried saving the file after a cut , but when reopened, the image was complete with no part of the image gone.

I know Cut is placing the portion on the clipboard, as I can paste it, and when I close Impict, it asks me whether I wish to discard the image from clipboard.

Anybody else out there, running Impict on XP Pro (all updates)??? that can test the cut and paste?? It may just be my machine

Update - I copied the 3 necessary files to another PC running Windows 2000 and had the same problem.

It may be that some how one of the files is corrupt - will contact support.
John Smith

I may not have explained this as well as I should, and maybe I am mistaken on what used to happen in previous versions.

If I click on a object, I can cut and paste it.

But If I open a normal BMP file (what type of file does not matter), and I select the "area to copy" tool on the left toolbar (at bottom), the area I select will not Cut, but only copy. In the help files it only talks about copying.

I am sure in previous versions I could use the same tool to Cut. But now I am doubting what I remember.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John: Aaaah...light dawns. No, to the best of my knowledge Area Copy was always just a copy tool. :wink:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Smith

I'll put it down to me using 3-4 different image edit programs at work and at home.

Thanks Tim

Maybe it would be a cool feature to be able to allow Cut as well. That would be more in line with other program's mask type functions.

John