Auto Adjust Canvas and drop shadow

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Smith

Auto Adjust Canvas and drop shadow

Unread post by John Smith »

Auto Adjust does not always recognise the drop shadow, and cuts it off.

I was editing 2 different images (Objects), which had been rotated and resized (down). I then added the drop shadow to both, at the top and right hand sides, and Auto Adjusted the Canvas to fit. The second image that I adjusted was drawn correctly with the canvas recognising the shadow.

The first did not recognise the shadow on the right hand side. I had with the first image, played around with the shadow in different positions, although not sure if I also, inbetween playing around with the shadow, alos pushed the Auto Adjust button.

Note: both images only had single objects, and no other layered objects.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

I can reproduce this. If I set the light for the shadow to come from the bottom left (something I never did while testing or writing the help...) auto adjust fails to see the shadow on the right-hand side of the image, it only adjusts for the top edge shadow. Doesn't appear to be linked to the rotating or resizing, I played around with it quite a lot... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.