Bullets & Numbering forgetting custom modifications

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter Robertson

Bullets & Numbering forgetting custom modifications

Unread post by Peter Robertson »

Perhaps this is another example of problems that seem to be peculiar to my project, but...

If I make a change to the format of an outline numbered list (for example, to change ")" into ". "), the change is accepted and works.

I now move somewhere else in the document, the entry I changed has now reverted to its original form! It gets extremely tedious having to make the changes almost every time I have a numbered list.

Also, it appears it's impossible to change the spacing after bullets. I find the output can look messy because the bullets are far too close to the following text, especially with the larger bullets.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Bullets & Numbering forgetting custom modifications

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,
Peter Robertson wrote:I now move somewhere else in the document, the entry I changed has now reverted to its original form!
The one-click Bullets/Numbering buttons are always set to the first (top left) setting in the list style gallery, and only the single-level lists apply. To select all other styles you must always select the drop-down menu and then select the specific list style. To select an outline numbered list style you must always display the Bullets and Numbering dialog.
Also, it appears it's impossible to change the spacing after bullets.
Please see the following topic in the help for instructions:

Basic Working Procedures > Text Formatting and Styles > Numbered and Bulleted Lists > Formatting lists: How to change list indents
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.