pop up topics

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

georefsupport

pop up topics

Unread post by georefsupport »

You can no longer make pop up topics a "chapter without text". You could do this in previous versions to allow for better organization of your pop up topics. Is there any work around for this?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

When was this possible? I don't remember being able to do it in recent months... :shock:

You don't actually need chapters without text to organize invisible topics, however. I just create dummy heading topics with no context numbers and organize my topic groups beneath them. This has the added advantage that you can actually use these "header topics" as topics if you want to. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
georefsupport

Unread post by georefsupport »

how do I do this?
I was able to make pop ups in the past that contained no text, and I can't remember what I did to make them. (they are similar to a chapter with no text). Any suggestions would be great.
thanks
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

georefsupport wrote:Any suggestions would be great.
thanks
As I said, you really don't need the "popups without text". For each section you want to make for organizing your popups just make a normal topic "with text" in the Invisible Topics section and make the topics you want to organize beneath into child topics, either with "Insert Child" for new topics or with the status arrows above the TOC for already existing topics.

It doesn't matter that the "header topics" contain text because they won't appear in your help project unless you reference them. Just make sure that they don't have context numbers. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.