Anchor looses trailing spaces

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

SGIRA

Anchor looses trailing spaces

Unread post by SGIRA »

H&M 4 current release - Win XP - Browser Help
When an anchor is created on a blank line with 1 or more spaces entered following it, the space is not translated in the build to Browser Based Help.
XML looks like this:
<para styleclass="Normal"><anchor id="intro2_outline1" styleclass="Normal"></anchor><text styleclass="Normal" translate="true"> </text></para>

Generated HTML is this:
<p><a name="intro2_outline1"></a></p>

Generated HTML should be this?:
<p><a name="intro2_outline1"></a>&nbsp;</p>

This affects formatting on many imported anchors, effectively deleting an intended blank line. I can workaround this(put a blank line before or after the anchor), but it is extremely tedious with many topics/anchors.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Quote: Thomas Alva Edison
When inventing the filament for the light-bulb. :idea:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

I have just tested this in HM4 and I can't confirm it. A single trailing space after an anchor alone on a line is translated to a normal space, multiple spaces are translated into alternating spaces and non-breaking spaces. We would need to see an example of a project in which this is not working (please mail it to support, don't post it on the forum).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.