Shaded rectangle appears over the text in a table

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

FLEBL001

Shaded rectangle appears over the text in a table

Unread post by FLEBL001 »

I have a problem with the H&M editor with tables (or toggles because it creates a table).
Here is my product version : H&M Pro v4.5.0 Build 1344

I can't see anything (text, pictures...) in a table when there is many lines.
The only thing I get is a shaded rectangle (has displayed in the print screen).

Here is what happens :
When there is too many text (or pictures) in a table, there is a shaded rectangle that appears over my text that hides it. In the print screen, it happens to the 625th item of the table (it is 625 blank lines with the Font Arial size 10). When I click below the shaded rectangle, it disappear and my text appear. if I click on it, the shaded rectangle is still there but over it, there is my text that I can edit. But now, if I scroll to the top of the table, I can't see the beginning text of the table, like if it was "scroll under" the top. To make it appears again, I have to scroll with my up arrow key.

After some tests, I noticed that the displayed size of the table is approximatly 10000 pixel height, everything below that will be covered by a shaded rectangle.

Everything looks fine after compiling, but it is difficult to edit the document.

Is there something to do to avoid that problem ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

There is a limitation on the size of table that you can edit in a single topic, and the table you describe is quite excessively large... ;) The table will be exported correctly but you won't be able to view it all. I recommend using multiple smaller tables instead. If you are importing the tables from another application you need to break up the tables first because you can't do it in Help & Manual 4 or 5.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
FLEBL001

Unread post by FLEBL001 »

Thank you for your answer! It was really fast and I appreciate.

I'll split my table.