limitation

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

dhu

limitation

Unread post by dhu »

Why is there a limitation to 30 rows in table formatting? If using tables with more rows, the remaining rows will be radically cut off, when entering any number > 30 in dialog window. Of course you can insert additional rows - but beware to try to format the table later on... you'll lose all rows > 30.
Table handling still is messy and needs to be improved. Whoever worked with some larger tables know what I mean.
:cry:
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

This is a known problem. It is a limitation to the current edit engine of H&M, which will be replaced in Vers 4.

There are even more problems with Tables, and doing a search in the Forum will find them.

I no longer work with large tables at all. In my project all my tables have been split into 1 or 2 rows to get around problem of tables not being automatically split in PDF at the end of a page. Unless you want to end up with a lot of blank spaces, or tables being cut off and NO data being displayed, keep your tables small.
dhu

Unread post by dhu »

John Smith wrote:Unless you want to end up with a lot of blank spaces, or tables being cut off and NO data being displayed, keep your tables small.
I definitely would - alas, it's a lot of work doing it manually since there's no way to select parts of a table, copy them to clipboard and paste them as a new table...
John Smith

Unread post by John Smith »

dhu wrote: I definitely would - alas, it's a lot of work doing it manually since there's no way to select parts of a table, copy them to clipboard and paste them as a new table...
True you have to copy the whole table, by selecting the text line before and after. But if your table is split into many small 1 row tables then you only have to copy the parts you want, as each is a table within itself.

Also remember Text can be converted to a table. You can have your text in a topic separated by TABS, copy what you need into another topic and then convert it to a table.