Font problems in PDF

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

olapinto

Font problems in PDF

Unread post by olapinto »

Hi,

When other people in other computers try to open my PDF's generated by H&M they always get an error saying that there was a problem with some common fonts (Arial) and the PDF pages appear to be all blank (apart from some threads). Basically, they cannot read them!
This does not happen when I view the PDf's in my own computer. Any idea why this happens and how to solve it?

Also in my PDFs, the characters do not appear in bold as I marked them in the original document (they show up as bold in the HTML files, though).

Any advice about these two problems,

Attachments show the displayed errors when opening the PDFs

Thanks in advance,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You are probably using an old or defective version of Help & Manual. You don't say, but I am guessing your are using Help & Manual 4. You can download the current installer for Help & Manual 4 on your main downloads page here:

http://www.ec-software.com/downloads.html

Note that the HM4 download link is now a couple of lines down on the page. The main link at the top is for HM5. Just install on top of your current HM4 version to update.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olapinto

Unread post by olapinto »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I am actually using the latest release, but I found out that the problem was my Version Control System that was causing some problems in the PDF files (it didn't assume them as a binary type but as ANSI).

Cheers,
Olapinto