Impict - Drag shapes only works correctly in one direction

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

jgodfrey

Impict - Drag shapes only works correctly in one direction

Unread post by jgodfrey »

When "dragging out" a shape (select "Rectangle" and click-drag shape onto screen) it seems that it only works correctly if you start in the upper left hand corner and drag to the lower right hand corner.

It seems the mouse coordinates are not properly handled if I choose different start/stop corners. Based on what I am trying to do, it's sometimes easier to define a shape from a different corner...
Last edited by jgodfrey on Sun May 18, 2003 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

This is true. However, shapes in Impict are basically designed so that you almost never need to do any accurate defining while doing the initial dragging. I always simply do a quick "mouse flick" to create an object and then reposition and drag the handles to create my final object.

The only exception is "Copy Area", which makes the copy as soon as you release the mouse. Here you really do have to work very precisely right from the start. The workaround is to use a lens object instead, which is much more flexible, can do everything Copy Area can do and much more besides. See the help... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
jgodfrey

Unread post by jgodfrey »

Tim Green wrote:shapes in Impict are basically designed so that you almost never need to do any accurate defining while doing the initial dragging
True, but dragging in a non-standard direction (as I often do) should give consistent and predictible results. I still feel this is a legitimate (and probably easily fixed) bug...

Jeff
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

I have to agree, it's a bug. Will be fixed with the next update.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH