I can't see my last invisable topic.

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Joanna Chandler

I can't see my last invisable topic.

Unread post by Joanna Chandler »

I cannot display my last invisable topic. The system is showing me one of my Main topics instead. My PDF and HTLM Help files are okay. The problem occurs when I'm in Help & Manual trying to change the text in that last Popup.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Joanna, do this:
  • Close the project.
  • Select Repair and Recover... in the Tools menu.
  • Choose the project where you can't see the invisible topic, then just click on Start Repair.
This should solve your problem... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Joanna Chandler

I did this and it fixed the problem although I had to delete the Popup that was corrupted.

Did I have this problem because I have 501 topics?
Tim Green
Site Admin

This shouldn't happen really, 500 topics is still quite a small number for H&M -- we have a couple of users here with projects containing thousands of topics. Were you able to recover the text from the invisible topic before deleting it?

Also, what version of Windows are you using? Whilst problems like this are generally quite rare in H&M you are much more likely to encounter them in the DOS-based versions of Windows, i.e. W95, W98, W98 SE and Me. The NT-based versions (NT4, W2000 and XP) are much better in this regard.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Joanna Chandler

"He" saved my text for me in the Popup created during the repair. I have Windows 2000.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Joanna: This is a little strange. You might want to contact H&M support on this question at support AT ec-software.com.
Last edited by Tim Green on Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Private support:
Joanna Chandler

I sent an e-mail as you suggested. I've added a couple more topics without problems. Thanks for your help.