Print manual designer: multiple text-items selected...

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

upscene

Print manual designer: multiple text-items selected...

Unread post by upscene »

Hi,

I cannot find this as reported yet - so here I go:

When designing a print-manual, and selecting multiple TEXT objects, you can get the properties. However, when, for example, applying a font change, only 1 of the selected items get's the new properties - and not all of the selected items.

--
Martijn Tonies
http://www.upscene.com
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Martijn: This is not actually a bug. Even if you select Edit Properties while more than one object is selected you are still actually only editing and seeing the properties of one object. There are simply too many properties, like position etc., that can only be applied to one object.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
upscene

Unread post by upscene »

Hi Tim,

Hmm - I understand. Nevertheless - it is a bit confusing. Can't properties that are shared by all selected objects be applied? Kinda like in the Delphi Object Inspector?

Is there another way to quickly apply the same font properties to multiple objects? 'Cause if not, this really should be a requirement as it makes working with it a lot easier.

(mind you, I've just started using the designer - so I'm still new :wink: )
Tim Green
Site Admin

Can't properties that are shared by all selected objects be applied?

Unfortunately not. The multiple selection feature is only designed to enable you to move multiple objects together so that you keep their relative positions. However, the print manual designer isn't really meant to work like a word processor; in most cases you will only have a very few objects to define your print output, which you will design carefully once and then (hopefully) not need to touch again... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
upscene

Unread post by upscene »

Hmmm... That's a pitty. :?

Ah well ... off to selecting, changing, selecting and changing again then...

--
Martijn
(as for the rest: keep up the good work)
Tim Green
Site Admin

upscene wrote:Ah well ... off to selecting, changing, selecting and changing again then...
You can clone identical objects by copying and pasting, of course. That might help a bit... :?
Regards,

Private support: