Need someone to modify template

This is the place to place want ads if you're a help author looking for a client or a client looking for a help author -- naturally with a focus on authors using Help & Manual. If traffic increases we'll divide it into two sections.

Moderator: Tim Green

Don LaCourse

Need someone to modify template

Unread post by Don LaCourse »

Hello,
We just upgraded to HM6. We use one of the Premium Pack 1.51 skins.
We need someone who can modify this skin to:
- Change the colors to software colors
- Change the header icons (we will provide the icons)

We will pay extra for fast completion.
Thanks.
Don
Peter Meurer

Re: Need someone to modify template

Unread post by Peter Meurer »

Hello Don

Unfortunately I am not the one you are looking for - but I'm also interested in a template editor. If you find an expert would you please share your knowledge with us?

Thanks and Greetings from Switzerland
Peter
Chris Gooch

Unread post by Chris Gooch »

I know this thread is old but I thought I would add that I am a freelance technical writer with several years experience using Help and Manual. I've customised H&M skins for several clients, for example to make webhelp output look similar to existing websites, and would be happy to undertake similar work if anyone needs it. Please PM me for details.

Chris Gooch,
Sheffield, UK.
Suzette Seveny

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

I am desperately in need of someone to customize a skin for us as well, using Premium Pack 3. Our intention it to tray and have our help match our website in colour/design. Please contact me immediately if you are interested, at suzettel@stratinfotech.com.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Suzette,
Suzette Leeming wrote:I am desperately in need of someone to customize a skin for us as well, using Premium Pack 3. Our intention it to tray and have our help match our website in colour/design. Please contact me immediately if you are interested, at suzettel@stratinfotech.com.
Be aware that once you make major code-level changes to a skin you are cut off from directly using subsequent updates. This means that the person doing the modifications would need to be available on an ongoing basis to maintain their work every time an update is released. Even if they can really promise to be able to do this, it will mean additional time and cost overheads that you need to bear in mind. (This is also the reason I don't build custom skins for customers, because I wouldn't be able to maintain multiple parallel versions.)

The V3 responsive skins support embedding in existing web pages and are available in versions with very minimalist designs so that you can do this with almost no modification. The modifications you do want to make are simple and are all described in the documentation. In most cases, this will be the easiest solution.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Suzette Seveny

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

Thanks Tim,

The problem is we deliver our help (at the moment) locally.

Anyway, after a crash course in html and css I have managed to make the changes needed to create what we feel is a beautiful looking skin. I'm actually feeling pretty good about accomplishing it. Let me know if you'd like to see it :D

Thanks for all your help!

Suzette Leeming
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Suzette,

So congratulations are probably in order. Thanks for your feedback! :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.