Freelance technical writer with Help and Manual experience

This is the place to place want ads if you're a help author looking for a client or a client looking for a help author -- naturally with a focus on authors using Help & Manual. If traffic increases we'll divide it into two sections.

Moderator: Tim Green

Chris Gooch

Freelance technical writer with Help and Manual experience

Unread post by Chris Gooch »

Hello,

I'm a freelance technical writer with 20 years experience in the software industry (various roles including developer and technical author) and for the last few years I've used Help and Manual quite a lot.

I'd be happy to consider any freelance work that people may have, for example:
  • Customising skins / styles (I've customised the standard webhep skins to match client websites before and know my way around the CSS)
  • Adding / updating indexes
  • Tidying formatting, proofreading and editing
  • Any general technical writing tasks - I have H&M so can work directly with your help projects
I'm based in the UK but have worked remotely for clients in other countries before, both as sole writer and as part of a documentation team, and am experienced in using both Subversion and Git for version control / remote access. I also have software development experience which might be relevant to projects involving linking documentation into the software GUI.

You can read more about my background here:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/christophergooch

Please PM me for more details.

Chris Gooch,
Sheffield, UK.