Links to http:// seem to be there, but not on edit in RC2

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Joe,

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what your problem is. What is it about the link that you don't like or that is not working for you?? :shock:

The positioning of JavaScript popups is a known issue and is on the Wish List. The problem is that at the moment they are always displayed slightly below and to the right of the click position. One idea is to calculate the centre of the window on click and display to the left of the click point when the point is to the right of center and above the click point if it is below center, and vice versa. That would avoid the need to do any complex and error-prone calculations of popup size and relation to window border etc.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Joe,
retro74 wrote: The correct way to edit that link is to right click and use the Edit option
Either that or just double-click on the link. Anything else is an operation error.
But, if you highlight the link and then use the Insert Hyper-Link button on the toolbar, the resulting popup maintenance screen named Insert Hyperlink is NOT pointing to the option for the www link. I believe that it should.
No, it shouldn't. Selecting and then selecting Insert Hyperlink is for creating a new hyperlink, not for editing an existing one. All that is happening is that the text is being selected as the caption for a new hyperlink. Use one of the two available correct procedures, they're both easy enough to access... 8)
I enabled the non-scroll code for my header and when you have a popup in the body of the help topic that exceeds the bottom margin, there is NO scrollbar to get to it.
This is an insoluble problem. JS popups are in DIVs with a very high z-index (1000 or higher) that places them on top of everything else on the page. This means that they are by definition outside the DIVs used for the non-scrolling header and cannot influence the associated body text scrollbars.

The solution here for short definitions is to use the new inline text toggles instead of popups, which expand styled text within the current paragraph, as if it had been inserted into the paragraph with copy and paste. The disadvantage of this for glossaries at the moment is that you can't use invisible topics or external text files as the source for the text, you have to re-enter the text every time you create a new toggle.
I upgraded to IE7 and the Java script fad-in options don't (like Expand Horizontally) do anthing.
These always only worked in IE and IE7 seems to have disabled all these custom features. It's not yet clear whether they've been removed from IE (they were part of IE, not of H&M) or if Microsoft in its infinite wisdom has just completely changed the calls to the functions. It's being investigated.
The Help topic button for Project Properties - Java Script Popup Properties screen is not working.
Thanks for reporting this, I've passed it on to the development team.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.