Problem with strikethrough option on numbered lists

Please post bug reports for earlier versions of Help & Manual (3 and 4) here, along with reports for TNT.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Joe Berry

Problem with strikethrough option on numbered lists

Unread post by Joe Berry »

I have a numbered list (1-5) with text on each line. When I highlight line 1 of the list and apply a strikethrough to the text, H&M places a line through all of line 1 (as it is supposed to do) but also through numbers 2-5 in the list, leaving the text alone.

Note: This only happens when there are other numbers BELOW the line which the strikethrough is applied. There is no problem if strikethrough is applied to last line in the list. Please fix this so the other numbers in the list are not affected. Thanks! I'm using latest version 4.3 Build 1131.
Martin Wynne

Re: Problem with strikethrough option on numbered lists

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Joe Berry wrote:I have a numbered list (1-5) with text on each line. When I highlight line 1 of the list and apply a strikethrough to the text, H&M places a line through all of line 1 (as it is supposed to do) but also through numbers 2-5 in the list, leaving the text lone.
Hi Joe,

A workaround for this bug is to add a space at the end of line 1, and not to select the space when applying the strikethrough.

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Joe,

Martin's suggestion is the solution. This works because the formatting of the numbers and bullets in lists is controlled by the formatting of the last character in the first item. For details see the following chapter in the help:

Basic Working Procedures > Text Formatting and Styles > Numbered and bulleted lists > Formatting list numbers

You will probably also find the other topics in the Numbered and bulleted lists chapter useful.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Joe Berry

Unread post by Joe Berry »

Thanks for the tip, guys. I appreciate it.