Move topic one level down error

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
Eric Thorniley

Move topic one level down error

Unread post by Eric Thorniley »

This has changed from HM4, and I think it is a bug.

If the same level item above the item selected has children, move one level down moves the selected item to be a child of the parent of the lowest-level child of the above item, rather than to be a first-level child of the above item.

Regards

Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Eric,

I think this is more a logic argument than a bug: What is happening at the moment is that Right/Demote is tacking the selected node onto the bottom of the next branch up. I'll check with the developers whether they can return to the HM4 logic. At the moment it's easy to work around though, you just need to select Left/Promote to move up again within the new node you've just joined.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Eric Thorniley

Unread post by Eric Thorniley »

I can see it is a matter of opinion. The problem with the new functionality is that it causes all the intervening levels to be expanded which I find a bit confusing. It is not always immediately obvious how many left arrow button presses are required.