Report tool

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
mbgg

Report tool

Unread post by mbgg »

I have found two problems with the Report tool:

1. I create the "Short Project Report" for a project that has two other merged projects (at compilation). The "Help context" number column is empty for the two merged projects.

2. I close the project after generating the report. The program displays the "Your help project has not been saved ... " message even though I did not enter any topic (only the "pie" screen was displayed).

I am using 5.3.1 -1035.
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi "Mbgg",

Neither of these issues are bugs. The report tool only reports for the current project, not for any merged project modules. The second issue is because some settings stored in the project are updated every time you generate a report, so there really is something to change after displaying a report. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

The Short Report reads as follows:

After the table of topics for the master project there is a header:

"Merged project: C:\xxxx\yyyy.hmxz"

followed by the table of topics in the merged project. Five of the columns (Topic ID, Last edited, etc) contain information and only the "Help context" column is empty.
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Whoops, sorry -- I hadn't looked at reports with merged projects for a long time... :shock:

You're right, they are now included and the context information isn't included. I'll check with the developers whether this can be changed. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.