Parenthesis is moved to another line alone in PDF

Please post all new bug reports for Help & Manual 5 here.
lutik_sun

Parenthesis is moved to another line alone in PDF

Unread post by lutik_sun »

Hi,

A close parenthesis is moved to another line in PDF. Imho it should be 'glued' to the preceding word.

Ex:
"Under Install this application for group, select the Anyone who uses this computer (all users
)
radio-button."

If I can use a workaround, please give it to me.

Thanks,
Lutik
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lutik,

This is a known issue but it is caused by a limitation in the editor engine and there is nothing that our programmers can do about it at the moment, we are still waiting for a fix from the editor programmers. It is caused by the fact that the editor handles formatting changes as an "element break". It will only happen if the word before the parenthesis has different formatting from the parenthesis. For example, if you write (all users) or (all users) you will have the problem, but you shouldn't with (all users). So the only workaround at the moment is to avoid formatting changes in places where you don't want line breaks to happen.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lutik_sun

Unread post by lutik_sun »

Hm, I had the same formatting here, at least I thought so.

Ok,I got your workaround, I'll check this place and hope the fix in question will happen since there are any places where such a workaround cannot help.

Thank you, Tim
Andie Davidson

Re: Parenthesis is moved to another line alone in PDF

Unread post by Andie Davidson »

Is there still no update on this? There are unavoidable instances where styling cannot fix this problem, and it is a problem. When publishing large documents in multiple formats lots of little fixes just for the sake of PDF layout should be unnecessary.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Parenthesis is moved to another line alone in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andie,

What version of HM are you using? If it's version 5 (you posted in the HM5 section) I'm afraid it has been out of development for many years now. However, it has definitely been fixed in current versions of the program. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.