Version history

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

Version history

Unread post by Tim Frost »

Is there anywhere a list of changes in the point releases? I thought there used to be a link on your website, but perhaps I am mistaken.

On the last upgrade a whole lot of my topic HTML files changed filenames (hyphen/underscore changes) and it would have been nice to have known this before I happened to spot it while uploading a few minor changes (I then had to re-upload all 1500 files to be sure they were consistent). It's great to have frequent fixes, and each time so far with v6 I have spotted a forum posting highlighting a fix I need, but other stuff has arrived with it....
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Version history

Unread post by Tim Green »

The major changes are included in the FAQ in the help, including this change. You can find it in the "Important Changes" chapter of the FAQ, in the Introduction section of the help. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Waller

Unread post by John Waller »

Tim,

I for one would really appreciate a cumulative Change Log (version history) link on the download page of the website for every single dot release (major and minor) detailing all the tweaks and mods

e.g. Alexander's post in the News blog about 6.0.1 Build 2310 is excellent info but I'm not in the habit (and never will be) of checking the News blog.

PS the download link in that post is broken due to the missing dot (period) between www and helpandmanual.
Regards

John Waller
v.6.2.2 Build 2636
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what can be done about a complete dot release changelog...
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.