Web help problem

Please post all questions relating to Help & Manual 6 here!

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rconn

Web help problem

Unread post by rconn »

Using H&M 6, build 2305, and PP 1.50.

I'm having an odd problem with topics in a merged project not responding to clicking on the '+' button in the generated web help. Clicking on the topic name opens the topic, but the '+' and '-' have no effect. No problem with the buttons in the main project.

You can see the problem at http://jpsoft.com/help/view.htm. You can't open VIEW by clicking on the '+', and after opening VIEW by clicking on the name you can't close it with the '-', or open any of the subtopics.

Thanks.

Rex
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Web help problem

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rex,

This is a problem in the new TOC script that is only happening when you include a link to a specific topic in the URL that opens the help. I think it has been resolved with some script updates in the current build, which you can get from the downloads page here:

http://www.ec-software.com/downloads.html

Remember to clear your browser cache (temporary internet files) before testing the new update, otherwise you can get a mixture of new files and old files from the cache, which can confuse the results. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
rconn

Unread post by rconn »

Something's wrong with that link -- I've downloaded & installed it twice now, and both times wound up with the same 6.0.0 build 2305 I had before.

Rex
rconn

Unread post by rconn »

I was eventually able to get build 2310 by switching from FF to Chrome. Installed it, deleted all the web help files, rebuilt web help & uploaded it to my web site, and it still has the problem with ignoring the + and - buttons. (Yes, I did flush my cache first.)

Other thoughts?

Rex
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Rex,

We have now identified the problem, there is really an issue in the new animation script that opens and closes the TOC items. At the moment it works in IE pretty much, but in longer TOCs the items stop responding at deeper levels in the list in other browsers. We're onto it, sorry for the inconvenience... :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Rex,

This problem has now been solved. The next maintenance build will be released in a few days but if you need a fix urgently you can send me a mail at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I will send you a download link for an interim build with the fix already implemented. 8)
Regards,

Private support: